The quest for emission-neutral production
The end of October 2013 marked the start of the EU project “REEMAIN”, which has initially been scheduled to last four years. In addition to the Fraunhofer Institute for Machine Tools and Forming Technology IWU, 15 partners from 6 countries in total are also involved in the consortium. The objective of the cross-border research collaboration consists in the quest for emission-neutral production by exploiting the potential for energy and resource savings in production processes. Solutions are jointly developed and tested with industrial partners in the areas of production processes, energy production and storage as well as resource allocation.
The project is financially supported by the 7th EU Framework Program for Research, Technological Development and Demonstration Activities (FP7).
- Exploiting the potential for energy and resource savings in production processes
- Series-oriented testing of technological innovations and scientific findings in the E³-Forschungsfabrik for resource-efficient production
- Development of technological innovations for the sustainable use of renewable energies as well as state-of-the-art approaches to store energy, which can be integrated into existing production environments and process chains
- Development of planning tools that can be configured as freely as possible for the collection, presentation and optimization of energy and material fluxes, CO2 emissions and process interrelations
- Validation of developed technologies and software by simulating energy and process data, and validation in real factories