Development and testing of hybrid production processes
Innovative processing technologies are being developed using active media and superposition of motion. By designing functionally micro-structured surfaces, aspects such as tribology, sealing and joining technologies and haptics can be influenced in a specific manner.
Fields of activity
- Dimensioning of components, configuration of production processes and process chains for powertrain components, micro-structure components and forming tools
- Numerical simulation of processing technologies and tools
- Process development in the field of machining processes with geometrically defined and geometrically undefined cutting edges as well as erosion processes
- Development of hybrid processing technologies using oscillations, heat or cooling technologies and coolant pressure
- Experimental property analysis